Insurance products offered by United Insurance ARE NOT deposits of United Bank, ARE NOT insured by the FDIC or any other federal government agency, and ARE NOT guaranteed by the bank.
In the event of an automobile accident:
1. Report the accident to the police.
2. Obtain information about the other people involved in the accident such as:
• Names, addresses and phone numbers
• Insurance company
• Type of vehicle
• Auto and driver’s license numbers
3. Have your vehicle towed to the nearest repair shop if the vehicle is not drivable. Do not authorize repairs until the claims adjuster gives you the authority to do so.
4. Fill out incident report form and email(Opens in a new Window) or fax (616.243.1080) to United Insurance or call us at 616.559.4568 to report the loss.
In the event of a windshield and/or tow claim:
1. Fill out incident report form and email/fax to United Insurance or call us to report the loss.
2. Provide us with the receipts of payment or invoices for repairs.
After we report the claim to the insurance company, the claims adjuster will:
1. Contact you by phone or mail to discuss the loss within 24-48 hours and request details of the accident and repair estimates.
2. Arrange for an appraiser to inspect the damages of vehicles that are not drivable or extensively damaged.
3. Contact you for a settlement.
4. Deal directly with the others involved in the accident. You should not talk to others involved in the accident, but refer them to your claims adjuster.