Insurance products offered by United Insurance ARE NOT deposits of United Bank, ARE NOT insured by the FDIC or any other federal government agency, and ARE NOT guaranteed by the bank.
In the event of damage to your building or contents:
1. Protect the property from further damage:
• Call the proper authorities and utilities (gas, electric, telephone)
• Take photos of the damage before having emergency repairs made, such as boarding up windows or covering holes in the roof
2. Fill out incident report form and email or fax (616.243.1080) to United Insurance or call us at 616.559.4568 to report the loss.
3. Call a contractor to estimate the building damages.
4. Separate damaged contents from undamaged contents. Do not discard any items until the claims adjuster gives you the authority to do so.
5. Keep records of expenses if you are forced to temporarily relocate your business.
6. Do not authorize repairs until the claims adjuster has given you the authority to do so.
After we report the claim to the insurance company, the claims adjuster will:
1. Contact you by phone or mail to discuss the loss within 24-48 hours.
2. Arrange for an appraiser to inspect extensively damaged property.
3. Assist you with your choice of contractors to make the repairs.
4. Contact you for a settlement.