If your home gets damaged, valuables get stolen, or someone gets injured on your property:

1. Protect the property for additional damage.
2. If necessary call the authorities such as the police, gas, electric, companies.
3. Take photos of the damage before repairs are made.
4. Call United Insurance at 269.792.6730 to report the loss.
5. If necessary contact a contractor to get an estimate for repairs.
6. Keep records of all expenses.
7. Do not authorize repairs until the claim’s adjuster has given you authority.

After we report the claim to the insurance company, the claims adjuster will:

1. Contact you by phone or mail to discuss the loss within 24-48 hours.

2. Arrange for an appraiser to inspect extensively of damaged property.

3. Assist you with your choice of contractors to make the repairs.

4. Contact you for a settlement.