Managing your finances is a big responsibility, and you want to set yourself up for success. Our new NextGen checking account is specially designed for the needs of teens and young adults between the age of 14 and 25 and has all the access and convenience you want, plus other amazing benefits designed to fit your unique needs.
Enjoy a better banking experience.
We’ve included smart features designed to fit the way you live and work.
- No minimum balance required
- No fees when you sign up to receive eStatements
- An instant issue debit card with mobile pay capabilities that you can start using immediately
- Up to five no-fee ATM transactions each month at non-United Bank ATMs in addition to unlimited transactions at United Bank locations
Access your account anytime, anywhere.
Our fast and secure technology is designed to simplify your money management experience. With free digital solutions allowing you to deposit checks, pay your bills or friends, you can even track your goals and view your top expense categories with our simple online budgeting tool.
For parents of teens
We believe you’re never too young to start practicing good financial habits. That’s why our new NextGen checking account is designed to give your teen the freedom and tools they need to manage their own money.
Flexible controls designed to give you peace of mind.
We’ve got the tools you need to help your teen learn to manage their money.
- Easily transfer money online or from your mobile device
- Set card limits based on dollar amount, transaction types or locations
- Temporarily disable a misplaced debit card using our mobile app
- Track goals and view top expense categories with a simple online budgeting tool
We're here to help!
As a local community bank, our team is dedicated to offering the best in customer service. You have access to a real, live banker around-the-clock with our online chat or by calling us at 616.559.7000. Visit your nearest branch to open an account.
United Bank will waive our service charges and pay the other banks’ assessed service fees for up to 5 ATM transactions per calendar month. NextGen checking is available to customers 14 to 25 years old. Account holders under 18 must have an adult co-owner on the account.