Routing # vs Account Number: What is the Difference?
- Account and routing numbers work together to identify your account and ensure that your money ends up in the right place
- Both numbers are required to complete many basic banking transactions
- The routing number indicates what bank your account is held
- The account number is your unique identifier at that bank
What will I need my Routing Number for?
- Re-ordering checks
- Auto-pay for consumer bills
- Establish direct deposit
- Tax payments